Since its rise in popularity in the 1960’s, artificial turf has been used in a variety of settings, from sports arenas to family homes. Over the years, artificial grass has become more and more complex and is now a very viable, low maintenance option for many homes. Artificial turf has many advantages which make it a popular option for many customers. Here are some of the main plus points:
Advantages of artificial turf
- Easier to maintain- Artificial grass is perfect for those who don’t have the time to tend to their lawns regularly or maybe incapable of doing so, such as disabled garden owners or the elderly. Artificial grass doesn’t need to be mowed or trimmed and can be kept clean through simple vacuuming or hosing.
- More durable and hard wearing- Artificial turf is made to withstand much more impact and wear and tear than regular grass, making it ideal for high footfall areas or sports arenas where funds for real grass might be limited.
- Eco friendly- Artificial grass is much better for the environment given that it reduces the need for water, less chemicals are used to maintain it and the surface itself can be recycled.
- Ideal for use around swimming pools or on roof top gardens- Brings a natural feel to these areas without the need for regular upkeep.
- Allows the integration of fibre optics- For more commercial settings, artificial turf can be integrated with fibre optics to display logos or for lighting.
Artificial grass from the experts
At GardenForce we have years of experience laying turf in commercial and domestic settings. We can lay any type of artificial turf and have many satisfied clients across the region. For a professional and friendly service, look no further than us. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss your needs further.