In this scenario an 85 year old woman had her front pathway fitted, but the end result was not up to a suitable standard. This became a dangerous hazard to her due to the pathway being uneven. As being in a sub contract basis with Wilmot Dixons, they asked us, GardenForce to repair the damage. Willmot Dixons specifically told us 20 flags will need repairing but on the job we soon found that it was in fact 36.
The tasks we completed to refurbish the old pathway were as follows:
- Relifted the existing path area
- Evened the uneven areas which were causing the disproportion
- Cleared out mortar (bedding agent)
- Relayed the paving slabs to an expectable standard
- Filled in any pathway gaps that was left
This was all up to a standard so that no trip hazards will occur in future.