During this time of year we undertake various landscape and garden design work. Homeowners are thinking of re-designing their garden or installing small features ready for the summer months, when you can really take the time to sit and enjoy your garden.
At GardenForce, we have a team of expert gardeners in landscape and garden design. We offer various landscape and design work including the installation of water features and ponds, multi-level lawns, vegetable patches and re-turfing.
Landscape Garden Design
We can help you to create your dream space no matter the size of the garden. In this blog post, we share our top tips on how to plan your perfect garden and make the most of the space available to you.
- Make a list and plan – You may have lots of ideas you want to incorporate in your garden, but are they all realistic to the size of your back yard? If you have small space, having a lot of garden features can look cluttered and cramped. Prioritize on the features you really want. If you’ve wanted a vegetable patch for years then have one, but think about the size and if it’s possible to remove other garden features to make room for the feature you really want.
- Find the shade – If you are planning to add a seating area to your garden, work out where the most beneficial part of your garden is. Fitting it in a space where the sun hits the most can make a seating area too hot and uncomfortable to relax in. However if you find a space where there is a sufficient amount of sun and shade, you will be able to enjoy the sun and cool down in the shade.
- Work around a feature – If your garden already has a focal feature such as decking or a pond, work around those first. Plan where you can put the extra features around the existing ones.
- Add levels – Adding multi-level lawns will make your garden stand out from others without losing valuable space. This is an easy change to make to your garden and can be built with decking materials for a contemporary feel.
- Remove borders – Whilst flower borders add to the aesthetics of your garden, they also decrease the size and can make your garden look smaller. Instead of borders you could add flower pots or even a small flower garden somewhere else in the space.
- Add a path or walkway – This feature offers two benefits. Adding a walkway detracts from walking on turf, which can be damaged by continuous impact. It also adds an extra feature in your garden without making a change in the space available.
- Ponds and water features – Ponds work best in gardens that have a lot of space as you can really bring your ideas to life. Adding a small water feature to a garden with less space adds a beautiful touch to your outdoor space and will attract wildlife.
- Re-turf your lawn – Bright green grass looks beautiful in every garden. Think about re-turfing to brighten up your garden for the summer months. Remember to maintain it regularly.
If you are thinking of making a change to the design of your garden, speak to one of our landscaping and design experts today. We provide the services mentioned above throughout the year. Contact us on 07963 782 219 or 01709 801075 (evening number) Alternatively, visit our Contact Us page where